This class contains:
- 2 in-person classes in my office in Brno
- online course packed with information and materials for you to go over in your own time
- 1 hour private consultation with me. You can use it as a prenatal consultation or as a breastfeeding support after birth. Additional travel expenses apply if I’ll be travelling to you more then 10 km.
What you´ll get in this course
2 live classes + learning materials
2 lessons with opportunity to ask questions:
3 hour birth class
3 hour breastfeeding + postpartum class
Written lessons and learning materials available anytime to study in your own time.
Natural Breastfeeding online program
Prepare yourself for successful breastfeeding with articles and videos of real women breastfeeding. Watch lactation consultants give tips and advice for common issues.
60 minutes private consultation after you go through the class and want to prepare your individual birth plan, discuss any topics in more detail or support in breastfeeding.
- What to pack in hospital bag
- How to know yourself better
- Informed consent, communication and decision making during labour and birth
- How to write a birth plan (with a template and tips from a doula)
- VIDEO: What you can write in a birth plan
- Create a positive birth experience for you and your partner
- Preparing your perineum
Choosing a maternity hospital
- Braxton hicks – how are they different from true labour contractions?
- When to go to the hospital? Early labour
- Stages of birth or how birth really flows
- How to feel comfortable giving birth in a hospital
- How can your partner help and experience birth? What can be his role?
- Movement and positions for labour and birth
- Common hospital procedures – induction, epidural, amniotomy and episiothomy
- Pushing – how to breathe, spontaneous and directed pushing and positions
- What you should know about emergency Cesarean
- Right after the birth – Bonding, procedures and examinations
Hospital stay and tips
Breastfeeding and newborn care
- VIDEO: What do you need to know about breastfeeding before your baby comes
- Newborn care basics – diaper change, swaddling, burping, bath and massage
- Is your baby getting enough milk?
- Safe sleep and breastfeeding
- Natural Breastfeeding program – access to a very positive breastfeeding course for easy breastfeeding
- Baby care easy: Baby wearing and elimination communication
- First aid basics for newborns and babies
Support and contacts, birth certificates and other resources