Online prenatal class
Choosing a maternity hospital
- Braxton hicks – how are they different from true labour contractions?
- When to go to the hospital? Early labour
- Stages of birth or how birth really flows
- How to feel comfortable giving birth in a hospital
- How can your partner help and experience birth? What can be his role?
- Movement and positions for labour and birth
- Common hospital procedures – induction, epidural, amniotomy and episiothomy
- Pushing – how to breathe, spontaneous and directed pushing and positions
- What you should know about emergency Cesarean
- Right after the birth – Bonding, procedures and examinations
Hospital stay and tips
Breastfeeding and newborn care
- Newborn care basics – diaper change, swaddling, burping, bath and massage
- Is your baby getting enough milk?
- Safe sleep and breastfeeding
- Natural Breastfeeding program – access to a very positive breastfeeding course for easy breastfeeding
- Baby care easy: Baby wearing and elimination communication
- First aid basics for newborns and babies
Support and contacts, birth certificates and other resources